Participating in Årets studentföretagare gives you a chance to win the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards!
Undergraduate (bachelor) students that own and run businesses while attending ”universitet” or ”högskola” in Sweden can apply for: Årets studentföretagare 2016!
Students are nominated or nominate themselves through our online nomination form. Once we receive a nomination, the nominee is contacted with a link to the formal Årets studentföretagare application. A student entrepreneur is considered fully nominated once we have received the completed online application.
The criteria for Årets studentföretagare 2016:
- The student must be an undergraduate (bachelors) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
- The student must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of their company and principally responsible for its operation.
- The business must be structured ‘for-profit’ and have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- The student’s company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months.
- The student must not have been the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards winner in the past and/or were not one of the top six finalists from the previous year’s GSEA Finals Competition.
A nominees’ application will be evaluated by a Swedish panel. 5-7 students will advance to the next level in the competion, the Presentation. This will take place in Stockholm February 24th 2016. The Swedish panel determines who becomes Årets studentföretagare 2016. Årets studentföretagare wins 150.000 SEK and participation in the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) May 10-12 2016 in Bangkok, Thailand. First prize is 20 000 USD!
Student entrepreneurs compete through regional competitions to win their shot at going head to head against the best student entrepreneurs in the world at the GSEA. Students are inspired to adopt entrepreneurial endeavors by bringing global visibility to student business owners who are innovative, profitable and socially responsible!
Årets studentföretagare is organized by Entreprenörskapsforum and Tillväxtverket and sponsored by Triton Adviser (Sweden) AB. GSEA is organized by Entrepreneur’s Organization.
Find more information about the GSEA at www.gsea.org.
For more information about Årets studentföretagare please contact Britt-Marie Nordström, Tel. + 46 19-333700 or E-mail: email@example.com