One Day Conference – Wednesday May 5th Stockholm, Sweden
10.00 Welcome Addresses
Dr Thomas Cooney (ECSB/Ireland) and Professor Anders Lundström (Growth Analysis/MälardalensUniversity)
Moderator: Deputy Managing Director Ulrika Stuart Hamilton, Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum, Sweden
10.20 Benefits from Public Counselling Services
- The Nordic challenge and its policy implications, Project Manager Thomas Ebdrup, FORA, Denmark
- Councelling services for growth, Marie Ahlgren, Business Area Manager, ALMI Företagspartner
Comments by Head of Division Development, Anna Bünger, Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth, Sweden
11.20 Coffee break
11.50 Does Entrepreneurship Education Matter?
- Plant a seed, cultivate an idea, reap a reward, Erik Burton, Learning & Teaching Scotland – National Development Officer and West Lothian Council – Enterprise in Education Development Officer.
- Implementation, dissemination and effects of entrepreneurship education in Norway, Ass professor Beate Rotefoss, Bodö Graduate School of Business, Norway
Comments by Ass professor Miquel Meuleman, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School, Belgium
13.50 Financing SMEs
- Financing SMEs in Finland – the case of Finnvera Plc, Professor Jarna Heinonen, Turku School of Economics,University of Turku, Finland
- International research of effects of public sector investments in the VC market, Dr Anders Isaksson, UmeåUniversity, Sweden (tbc)
Comments from dr Chunyan Zhou, International Triple Helix Institute, Spain
14.50 Coffee break
15.00 What is the Future for Entrepreneurship and SME Policies across Europe?
Panel Discussion – Professor Joao Leitao, ECSB/University of Beira Interior, Portugal, Dr Peter Vikström, Growth Analysis, Sweden, Professor Pontus Braunerhjelm, Managing director Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum, and Director Inga Thoresson-Hallgren, Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communications
15.50 Concluding remarks and discussions
Professors David Storey, University of Sussex, UK and Anders Lundström
16.30 End of Conference
Practical details: The conference will take place at Lundqvist & Lindqvist conference center, www.lundqvist-lindqvist.se, Klarabergsviadukten 90, room S:t Clara. There is no fee for participation in the conference.
The number of participants is limited.
Registration: To register please visit www.icsbknowledge.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=28
Organizers: Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum, Growth Anlysis, European Council for Small Business (ECSB)